The heating system in every home is different and has its own set of inefficiencies. At Johnson Refrigeration Inc, we help you overcome these inefficiencies and maximize your energy savings. We provide heater repair in Blythe, CA, to ensure your furnace is operating at peak efficiency. Contact us today for a consultation.
Here are 8 tips to help improve your energy efficiency and reduce your heating costs:
- Schedule regular heater maintenance: Having a professional inspect and clean your furnace regularly can help identify potential issues before they cause problems. It can also help improve the furnace’s overall efficiency. Schedule a heating service with us today to avoid heater repair down the road.
- Install a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat can help you control your heating costs by allowing you to set different temperatures for different times of the day or week. Lowering the temperature when you are not home can help you save money on your energy bills.
- Use a humidifier: Dry air can make it feel colder than it is, so adding humidity to your home can make it feel more comfortable without having to raise the temperature.
- Clean your furnace’s filter: A dirty furnace filter can restrict airflow and cause your furnace to work harder than necessary to heat your home. Checking and changing your furnace filter regularly can help improve its efficiency.
- Seal your windows and doors: Drafty windows and doors can cause your furnace to work harder than necessary to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home. Sealing these openings with weather stripping or caulk can help improve your energy efficiency.
- Consider upgrading your furnace: If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it may be time to consider upgrading to a newer, more efficient model. New furnaces are much more energy-efficient than older models and can help you save money on your energy bills. Schedule a heating replacement in Blythe, CA, today, and our team of experts will help you choose the right furnace for your home.
- Insulate your home: Many homes are under-insulated, which can lead to higher heating costs. Proper insulation in your walls, floors, and attic will help keep the heat in and lower your heating costs.
- Use a space heater wisely: Space heaters can be a great way to save money on your energy bills by only heating the rooms you are using. However, they should be used with caution as they can be a fire hazard if not used properly. Contact us so we can send one of our professional heater repair technicians to help you use space heaters safely.
Following these tips can help you improve your furnace’s efficiency and save money on your energy bills. If you are unsure how to make your home more energy-efficient, contact Johnson Refrigeration Inc today. Our experienced furnace repair in Blythe technicians can help you find ways to reduce your energy costs. Call us at (760) 922-5124 to schedule an appointment for heater repair, or heating replacement.